23 December 2008

Food - Glorious Food!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
"Food, Glorious Food", written by Lionel Bart, is the opening song from the musical and movie Oliver! It is sung when the workhouse boys from the 1960s West End and Broadway and musical and 1968 film adaptation are dreaming and fantasizing about food while going to collect their gruel from the staff of the workhouse.


The "Ice Age: The Meltdown" variation

Having watched the movie recently (good fun, by the way), the song popped up in my mind when I looked for a title for my food link section. Which is not at all strange in view of how much I love food, even though I am not certain how I feel about a broth made from sloth or poached possum served flambé.

About the first two entries:

Onno Kleyn is a food journalist who, amongst others, writes for De Volkskrant. His blog (in Dutch), just like his columns in the daily newspaper, is worth reading. As he himself puts it: a site for 'lekkerbekken, smulpapen en smikkelaars' - i.e. for gourmets, gourmands and epicures.

The blog of meneer Wat Eet Ons (in Dutch) also came to my attention via De Volkskrant. He likes to cook and - above all - experiment with making cheese, sausage, and the like. Quite refreshing. And full of good info, too.

2 comments:

kees said...

"Meneer wat eet ons" link should be http://www.wateetons.com/.

Renate said...

Thanks, Kees - I corrected that.