22 June 2008

Food on my Mind

I mentioned earlier that in Warwick I had a Cream Tea and that it was not exactly what the doctor had ordered. The time has come for me, too, to lose some weight and get in better shape.

It is amazing how one thinks about food much more when one is trying to consume less of it! At least it is for me, maybe because I enjoy it (or rather all the bad parts of it) so much.

Anyway, I have started to study food again, and not just the calories! At home it is not so much of a problem, especially not with something like www.dieetinzicht.nl (Dutch only) within reach to tell me of all sorts of things about the properties of lots of foodstuff or work out the values for own recipes. It is different when being served set menues during conferences - but I will find a solution for that too.

Fortunately I am not alone - Schatz is joining the weightloss programm. In addition to watching his food intake, he will start working out at a gym nearby his office tomorrow. As I will in a few weeks time, until then I will do the Kees and walk.

No need to worry though, Kees, for we will not be a match for you.

Oh by the way, this is what Schatz cooked yesterday evening:

Asparagus with chervil and sunflower seeds (and potatoes and thin slices of smoked turkey)

Probably the most sinful of the meal were the sunflower seeds but even they could not change the fact that this is exactly what the doctor ordered...

No comments: